Matej Kristan, PhD
- Machine perception(Umetno zaznavanje)
- Multimedia systems (Multimedijski sistemi)
- Advanced computer vision methods: (Napredne metode računalniškega vida)
- Machine vision (Strojni Vid): Doctoral study, FE, UL
- Komunikacije v Avtomatiki, (computer networks) 2009-2012: vaje, dodiplomski študij, FE, UL
- Sistemi Daljinjskega vodenje (wireless sensor networks) 2009-2012: vaje, dodiplomski študij, FE, UL
- Strojni Vid (machine vision) 2010-2012: podiplomski študij, FE, UL
- Večpredstavitveni sistemi (computer vision for multimedia sistems): vaje z letom 2010/2011, dodiplomski študij, FRI, UL
- Računalniško zaznavanje (computer vision): vaje z letom 2010/2011, dodiplomski študij, FRI, UL
- Multimedijski sistemi (computer vision for multimedia systems): vaje z letom 2011/2012, dodiplomski študij, FRI, UL
- Umetno zaznavanje (computer vision): vaje z letom 2011/2012, dodiplomski študij, FRI, UL
- Robotics and machine perception 2012/2013: predavanja(Robotika in računalniško zaznavanje)
- Program chair of the 10th Int'l Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA2017 (link to page)
- Organization committe of the fourth Visual Object Tracking Challenge Workshop VOT2016 in conjunction with the ECCV2016 (link to page)
- Organization committe of the third Visual Object Tracking Challenge Workshop VOT2015 in conjunction with the ICCV2015 (link to page)
- Competition chair at the 11th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, FG2015 (link to page)
- Organization committe of the second Visual Object Tracking Challenge Workshop VOT2014 in conjunction with the ECCV2014 (link to page)
- Organization committe of the first Visual Object Tracking Challenge Workshop VOT2013 in conjunction with the ICCV2013 (link to page)
- Organization committe of the Pattern Recognition section at the 22nd International Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference ERK2013
- Organization committe of the 17th Computer Vision Winter Workshop CVWW2012 (link to page)
- 2017 Coauthor of the work on VOT initiative that was selected as one of 10 exceptional research achievements in 2017 awarded by University of Ljubljana.
- 2017 my student Borja Bovcon received Prešeren award from the Faculty of computer and information science, UNI-LJ, for his masters thesis "Improved segmentation model for robotic boat obstacle detection".
- 2015 my student Alan Lukežič received Prešeren award from the Faculty of computer and information science, UNI-LJ, for his masters thesis "Improved robust part-based model for visual object tracking".
- 2015 Best paper award at pattern recognition section at ERK2015 for the paper "Filtering out nondiscriminative keypoints by geometry-based keypoint constellations" authored by my student Domen Rački.
- 2013 Young University teachers and researchers award for excellent teaching and research achievements, awarded by University of Ljubljana.
- 2013 coauthor of the "Robust visual tracking using an adaptive coupled visual model" (link to page) for which the exceptional scientific achievements in 2012 award was awarded by the Slovenian research agency.
- 2012 Contributed on the research project "A system for interactive learning in dialogue with the tutor", for which an award for exceptional research achievements in 2011 was attributed by the Slovenian research agency to the research program P2-0214.
- 2010 Award for contributions in popularization of Computer and information science, awarded by the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana
- 2009 Vodovnikova nagrada - Vodovnik Award for excellent research achievements relating to doctoral thesis, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana (link to page)
- 2009 Award for excellent research achievements in the last years, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana
- 2009 Coauthor of “Intelligent security system for surveillance of small areas”, for which Innovation award for applicative project was awarded by the Innovation forum, sponsored by Slovenian business and foreign investment agency.
- 2005 Best paper award at the International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis ISPA2005, for the paper “Multiple interacting targets tracking with application to team sports”.
My primary research interests lie in computer vision and machine learning. I am particularly interested in visual tracking, object detection and recognition. In the field of machine learning and pattern recognition, I have published several works on univariate/multivariate batch/online kernel density estimation. My secondary fields of interest are computer vision for mobile robotics and computer-vision-enabled multimedia systems.
Measures of Camera Focus
Incremental Mixture Models
Deep structured nets and Hierarchical compositional models
This is a Matlab demo code for the semantic segmentation model for obstacle image map estimation for unmanned surface vehicles. The demo requires downloading the MOD dataset and has pretrained hiperparameters on the MOD dataset.
This is a research code for 2D KDE that is based on the paper “Online Kernel Density Estimation with Gaussian Kernels”.
This is a Matlab implementation of the Bayes spectral based measure of camera focus using a discrete cosine transform.
Visual Object Tracking Challenge (VOT)
A most up-to-date list of my publications (journals+conferences+theses+etc.) is avalible from the SICRIS
Here's a list of PhD students under my supervision:
- Alan Lukežič, Area of research: Visual object tracking, (active)
- Domen Tabernik, Area of research: Deep compositional models, (active)
- Borja Bovcon, Area of research: Vision for unmanned surface vehicles, (active)
- Nejc Dougan, Area of research: 3D large area segmentation, (active)
- Peter Uršič, A Compositional Hierarchical Architecture for Spatial Modelling, (finished 2016)
- Luka Čehovin, A hierarchical adaptive model for robust short-term visual tracking, (finished 2015)
Some of the students (Bsc/Msc) have published video presentations of their theses at the ViCoS teaching page.